Confirm you have reliable access to the internet with your devices.
- If you can't access a computer, submit a ticket through the IT ServiceDesk.
Reduced Cost or Free Internet Access
If you need reduced-cost or free internet access, there are multiple organizations that are providing support. We encourage you to research each option to find the best fit for you.
- Webcam (built-in on most laptops)
Headphones/microphone (microphone built-in on most laptops)
An ergonomic workspace
Continue to use Microsoft Office and go.rccd.edu Portal as usual
OTHER USEFUL TIPS TO BE SUCCESSFUL WHILE WORKING REMOTELY
- Set ground rules and expectations with your family or the people in your space
- Set up a work desk or station: laptop, computer, keyboard, mouse, pad of paper, pens, files, flash drives etc.
- Get fully dressed for the day to shoes
- Create a schedule and stick to it
- Use outlook to keep track of daily activity
- Make To-Do lists
- Set Alarms
- Check-In with co-workers frequently. You can even over communicate
- Embrace the webcam and digital meetings
- Take short breaks
- Eat healthy lunch & snacks away from your work station
- Know your distractions and turn off social media notifications; YouTube, Social Media, TV
- Listen to music
- If you have kids, family at home or pets, prepare for disruptions.
- Go for evening walks or bike rides with family to get out of the house and get some fresh air/ steps.
Confirm you have reliable access to the internet with your devices.
for video conferencing
Below are links to the CCC TechConnect Best Practices for Securing Your Meetings and the Privacy & Security Information from Zoom:
Remote Work Tools and Resources - Information Technology Support
District updates and resources - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Resources
VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) allows you to use a secured virtual computer to access on-premises resources via a web browser. The advantages of VDI over VPN is that it is more secure than VPN and it does not require RCCD-owned equipment. To access VDI, go to https://remote.rccd.edu
RCCD VDI User Guide.docx - This training manual is a living document. It will be continually updated as new content arises.
Office 365 (Microsoft Office online)
allows you to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications through any web browser.
To install Microsoft Office on your home computer, go to the Single Sign-On Portal (https://go.rccd.edu
), and log in, with your email address as your username and your email password as your password. Then, click on the Office 365 – All Apps icon:
Click on any of the apps that appear on the next screen: (such as Excel)
Click the Office 365
link in the upper right corner:
In the upper right corner of the next screen, click the Install Office
From the drop-down menu that appears, click Office 365 apps:
District sharepoint can be found at GO.RCCD.EDU
Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage service available to all RCCD employees with their Office365 account. To access Microsoft OneDrive on your computer, go to the Single Sign-On Portal (https://go.rccd.edu), and log in, with your email address as your username and your email password as your password.
Click on the OneDrive icon (as shown in the screenshot below).
In the OneDrive app, you can drag-and-drop your files, from your File Explorer in Windows, to OneDrive. You can also click Sync to have the files on your computer's hard drive automatically sync with copies of those files in OneDrive.
*Important Update*: The Timesheet Submission Process listed below DOES NOT apply to Student Workers. Please work with your College’s Student Employment team to submit Student Worker time.
For all employees (excluding Student Workers) the Timesheet Submission Process is listed below:
Timesheet Submission Process
Effective immediately, timesheet submission will occur electronically via email as noted below:
Faculty, Staff, Hourly Employees:
- Completely fill in your timesheet. If there is any missing information this may delay the processing and payment for your timesheet.
- Scan a copy of your timesheet(s) or take a picture of your timesheet(s) and forward the copy or image via email to your immediate supervisor for approval. Please ensure the copy or image is clear and legible. Do not include the Payroll team on this email. Only approved time should be emailed to Payroll to avoid any confusion.
- If you are unable to complete a timesheet, you can email your supervisor the dates worked, the hours worked each day, and a brief description of your work.
Example: 3/2/2020 2 hours overtime assist with planning
3/4/2020 1 hour comp finalize reports
- If a timesheet is approved by you:
If a timesheet is not approved by you, please work with your staff directly to clarify any issues. Only approved timesheets should be forwarded to Payroll to avoid any confusion.
- Forward the timesheet via email to: Timecards@rccd.edu or Sonia.Atiyota@rccd.edu
- In the body of the email simply write Approved
If you have any questions please email me at Sonia.Atiyota@rccd.edu
or email your Payroll Technician, see below for details:
|Employee Last Names
Most employees will be working remotely, except for essential personnel. Please note, those designated as essential personnel may change depending on the circumstances, which are changing rapidly. Your supervisor will provide department-specific guidance for working remotely or will inform you if you need to report to campus. If you need resources or tools to work remotely, please let your supervisor know. If your supervisor has not contacted you, please reach out to them as soon as possible.
If you have been identified as essential personnel to be on campus, please ensure you are following the social distancing guidelines. Stay home if you are sick and call your primary care physician or the nurse advice line if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Continue to practice good hygiene and respiratory etiquette (see details below); this is still the best way to reduce the risk of becoming infected with a respiratory virus.
Employee Assistance Program
What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
REACH is your employee assistance and work life services provider, contracted and prepaid by RCCD as a benefit for you and your family.
REACH Employee Assistance and Work/Life Services offers employees short-term counseling and support for a range of personal, family, financial and work/life problems. This early intervention service helps promote total well-being, reduces the need for more costly mental health services, decreases absenteeism and improves productivity. The program also features management consultations to address workplace productivity issues and disruptive event management planning, conflict resolution and other organizational issues. RCCD employees will have access to up to six visits per occurrence.
RCCD recognizes that a variety of personal and family matters and/or issues may affect an employee's person al and work lives. Through the EAP, RCCD provides access to a nationwide network of comprehensive services, private practitioners and community resources.
REACH EMPLOYEE BROCHURE
Who is Eligible?
RCCD employees and their immediate family members:
What are the Program Features?
The features of the EAP and Work/Life program include the following:
- Short-term counseling focused on coping strategies
- Licensed counseling for stress, depression, family issues, substance abuse and more
- Referral for long-term counseling or specialized care, as needed
- Work/life specialists locate, determine availability for elder care, child care, legal and other support services
- Access to website to self-search work/life provider databases, articles, webinars and onsite seminars
- Comprehensive financial wellness resources including online articles, webinars, calculators, downloadable forms
- Consultations with financial/legal specialists
- HR or management consultations to address sensitive employee issues
- Disruptive event management planning and initial disability consultations involving mental health or substance abuse
Promotional and employee communications
Office of the Chancellor: (951) 222-8000
Business & Financial Services: (951) 222-8770
- Accounting: (951) 222-8076
- Administrative Services Center: (951) 222-8526
- Facilities Planning & Development: (951) 222-8100
- Finance: (951) 222-8770
- Police/Parking: (951) 222-8172
- Purchasing: (951) 222-8042/8645
- Risk Management: (951) 222-8127
- Safety & Emergency Planning: (951) 222-8566
Human Resources & Employee Relations : (951) 222-8595
If an employee experiences a disruption in employment, you may be eligible for unemployment insurance. For more information, please review the online options.
Training and Workshops
Remote Office Operations
Have invoice approved BY THE AUTHORIZED APPROVER and SCAN back the signed invoice via email.
Various apps allow users to scan documents. With Adobe Scan, easily capture and convert documents, forms, business cards, and whiteboards into high-quality Adobe PDFs. And with different capture modes, you can ensure that you capture the clearest scan every time.
If working from home and you DO NOT have a scanner, send an email to accounts payable email (attach invoice) and state the VENDOR NAME, INVOICE#, DATE, PO/CONTRACT # AND TOTAL and “OK TO PAY" by appropriate authorized approver.