Norco College currently has three Upward Bound Programs. The programs predominately serve first-generation, low-income students attending: Centennial High School, Corona High School, and Norte Vista High School. Each high school has its own Upward Bound Program. The Upward Bound Program is 100% federally funded through the U.S. Department of Education, TRIO program.
Norco College Upward Bound provides students with academic guidance, personal development and fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits.
The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education.
Upward Bound is for you if...
- You want to acquire & improve your chances of succeeding in high school and in college.
- You want to go to college after high school graduation
- You want to be prepared for the rigor of college.
- You want to build communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- You enjoy field trips and hands-on activities during the year and summer.
- You want to meet new friends, have new adventures, and develop as a scholar.
For more information download our brochure.