​​​​​calworks banner


Norco College's CalWORKs program works in collaboration with the Department of Public Social Services to assist you with your education, training and job skills. CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility for Kids) is the state's welfare-to-work program for families with children. 

Families eligible to receive CalWORKs Temporary Assistance must have:

  • M​inor children in the home who lack the necessary support because of the absence, disability, death or unemployment of one or both parents.
  • In addition to parents, other relatives (such as grandparents) who are caring for minor children may also be eligible.
  • A pregnant woman with no other children can also qualify for CalWORKs benefits.

Applying for CalWORKs requires a visit to a local Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) office. ​

Visit Admissio​ns and Records for instruction on how to apply to Norco College.

Click on Assessment Center for information about taking the Career Assessment Test.

Set up your Web Advisor/My Portal account and complete your new student orientation and one-semester educational plan.

Apply for Financial Aid​.

Call the CalWORKs office to schedule an intake appointment. Remember to bring in a copy of your most current Passport-to-Services (GEN-2000); Notice of Action verifying your cash aid and a current Welfare-to-Work contract. 


Hours & Location:

Spring Hours:
Campus is closed March 16 - June 19 due to COVID-19. 
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns. CalWORKs staff are monitoring their emails during regular office hours of 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday - Friday. 

Summer Hours:
Summer services will be offered online and in-person on appointment basis only.
Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday: CLOSED

Contact Us: 


Steven Gonzalez
Educational Advisor
951-888-1251 (temporary number)

Gabriela Cortez
Administrative Assistant
Send Email

Daniela McCarson
Dean, Special Funded Programs​

Location:​ (during open campus)
Center for Student Success 212 (2nd Floor)​