Due to the recent move of instruction to an online platform, all tutoring appointments and drop-in support has been moved to the online platform Zoom. Appointments are still being scheduled on WCOnline. However, instead of the appointment being conducted in the physical LRC space, 5-10 minutes before the start of an appointment, an LRC staff member will send an email Zoom invite with a link to the meeting. To to make an appointment with a tutor, click HERE.
All drop-in turoing has been centralized at one Zoom location. For drop-in tutoring support click HERE. LRC staff is standing by to greet and assist students as they arrive in this LRC Drop-in Tutoring space on the Zoom platform.
Here are some links to help you get started with Zoom:
Norco College Tutorial Services is dedicated to helping students reach their academic goals. We offer FREE tutoring for most Norco College courses. We are located in the Learning Resource Center (LRC) on the first floor of the Wilfred J. Airey Library.
A one hour tutorial session is the best way to get the most help from a tutor. Most tutorial sessions are one-on-one. Occasionally, you may have to share an appointment with another student.
- Tutoring is subject to Norco College Courses only.
- Appointments are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and are available depending on tutor availability and/or subject support.
- Appointments are group sessions.
- Should you need to cancel an appointment, please do so 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time. Students who do not show up to their appointments and have not previously notified Tutorial Services of their cancellation, will be considered a “No-Show". Students will be denied services after they have acquired (3) “No-shows". To cancel an appointment, please do so via your WCOnline account.
- Online tutoring service is available to all Norco College online and hybrid course students free of charge through a link to NetTutor located in each Blackboard course. Click here to learn more about NetTutor Online Tutoring Service.
Wilfred J. Airey Library, First Floor
Provides recognition and positive reinforcement for tutors’ successful work
CRLA’s tutor training program certification process sets a nationally accepted standard of skills and training for tutors
All LRC tutors must complete 18 hours of comprehensive tutor training through ILA 1 Tutor Training