Online Student Readiness Tutorials
You can also view Online Student Readiness Tutorials, a series of interactive multimedia tutorials that address the real challenges experienced by online students, new and experienced, while pursuing success in online classes.
Online Counseling & Online Tutoring
For Distance Education students, online counseling and online tutoring may be available. If online counseling is available, you can request an appointment through WebAdvisor. If online tutoring is available, a link to
NetTutor will be made available within your class in Canvas.
Distance Education Out-of-State Authority
According to a US Department of Education 2010 regulation, RCCD is required to obtain authorization from a state if any of that state’s students enroll in a distance education course at one of RCCD’s three colleges. Several states are requiring fees for this authorization. As a public institution, RCCD cannot require students to pay this fee. If you live in one of the following states, AL, AR, IN, KY, LA MD, MN, NY, OR, UT, WY, that requires an authorization fee, you will not be allowed to enroll in distance education courses. If you enroll in an online course, you will be dropped within 48 hours of enrollment. If you have further questions about this situation, please check the Contact Information for Individual States for your state about fee requirements. The procedure for complaint resolution follows.
As part of the process, RCCD is required to provide current and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints.
- For complaints regarding grades, course requirements and course procedures, follow the RCCD grievance process which is outlined in AP 5522 Student Grievance Process.
- If any issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your state. The Contact Information for Individual States provides phone number, email and/or links to state agencies for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- RCCD’s three colleges are accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC). The ACCJC provides information for those who wish to make a complaint against member institutions and/or against the ACCJC.
- Students may also file complaints with the State Chancellor's Office, www.cccco.edu and the
US Department of Education, US Dept. of Education, 400 Maryland Ave., SW, Washington DC 20202.
- For questions concerning the complaint process or the new US DoE regulations affecting distance education, contact the Distance Education office, 951-222-8195.
Community Action Partnership (CAP) VITA Virtual Tax Preparation
Starting Friday, February 12th 2021, CAP will be offering Virtual Tax Preparation for low to moderate income taxpayers.
Taxpayers who need their tax return completed (2017 thru 2020) and made less than $70k in 2020 must complete the attached Intake/Interview form 13614-C and Taxpayer Consent form 14446.
The completed forms (including all tax documents) must be sent to our secure VITA email (VITA@capriverside.org
Once all documents are received, a IRS Certified Volunteer will prepare their return, review the return with the taxpayer (by video/phone), e-file the return and mail a copy of the return to the taxpayer. Our goal is to complete all returns within 24 hours of receipt of all documents.
While the process favors taxpayers with internet access, we will assist taxpayers without internet access (this will take much longer to complete).
Additional Student Resources