Software for Students
The following software resources are available to students at no cost:
Adobe Creative Cloud
If you are a student enrolled in a class that uses any of the apps in Adobe Creative Cloud, you will receive Adobe Creative Cloud at no cost to you. The license is active for as long as you are enrolled in the class. You will receive an email notification on how to activate your account. When signing in, sign in using your student.rccd.edu email address, and select Personal Account as shown in the screenshot below:
If you don't receive an email notification on how to activate your account, contact your instructor. If you have issues signing into your Adobe account, contact email@example.com
Autodesk has resources for educators, students, parents, and professionals to support remote learning opportunities. Access the same software and creativity tools used by industry leaders worldwide and start to imagine, design, and make a better world. Click
for more information about accessing Autodesk software used in your classes.
Microsoft Office 365
and log in with your
email address and password. Once logged in, you will be able to use the online versions of Office 365 apps, or you can download and install the desktop versions. This free student account also includes one terabyte of OneDrive cloud-based storage. You can install Office on as many as 5 devices.
Your student account comes with the following apps:
Calendar - Microsoft Calendar is the calendar and scheduling component of Microsoft Outlook, as a separate app, that is fully integrated with email, contacts, and other features. You can click any time slot in the Outlook Calendar and start typing. By using the Calendar you can create appointments and events, organize meetings, and view group schedules. To learn more, click here.
Canvas - Canvas is a learning management system that allows you to access your classes online. You can get your homework assignments, watch lectures and instructional videos from your teacher, receive emails and calendar to-do's, and connect with other students in your class.
Delve - Microsoft Delve lets users search for and discover content across Microsoft 365 based on personalized insights. To learn more, click
Everfi - Everfi offers teachers and students virtual courses on life skills topics such as financial capabilities, diversity and inclusion, career leadership and success, STEM, and health and wellness.
Excel - Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program, which contains cells that make up columns and rows, and is used for calculation, data analysis and organization. To learn more, click
Forms - Microsoft Forms is an online form creator which allows you to quickly and easily create custom quizzes, surveys, questionnaires, registrations, and more. When you create a quiz or form, you can invite others to respond to it using any web browser, even on mobile devices. As results are submitted, you can use built-in analytics to evaluate responses. Forms data, such as quiz results, can be easily exported to Excel for additional analysis or grading. To learn more, click
Kaizala - Microsoft Kaizala is a mobile work management app which allows you to connect with people both inside and outside of an organization’s directory – including contract workers, vendors, partners, suppliers, customers, and citizens. To learn more, click
LinkedIn Learning - IEDRC - LinkedIn Learning is brought to you by Norco College, and provides FREE technology training for Norco College employees and students, with more than 10,000 training videos on a broad range of subjects, including business skills, graphic design, video, and web design and development. To learn more, click
- Lists - Microsoft Lists is a Microsoft 365 app that helps you track information and organize work. Lists lets you track issues, assets, routines, contacts, inventory, and more using customizable views and smart rules to keep everyone notified and in sync. You can run multiple workflows - such as project management, employee onboarding, and itinerary planning. To learn more, click here.
- OneDrive - Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud service that connects you to all your files. It lets you store and protect your files, share them with others, and get to them from anywhere on all your devices. To learn more, click here.
- OneNote - Microsoft OneNote is an online notebook for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. OneNote allows you to type notes or record audio, and gather drawings and screenshots. To learn more, click here.
- Outlook - Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager. Though primarily an email client, Outlook also includes such functions as calendaring, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing. To learn more, click here.
- People - Microsoft People is the contact management and address book component of Microsoft Outlook, as a separate app, that is fully integrated with email, calendar, and other features. To learn more, click here.
- Planner - Microsoft Planner is a team-work oriented planning application. With Planner you and your team can to create plans, assign tasks, chat about tasks, and see charts of your team’s progress. You can also use Planner from within Microsoft Teams and Microsoft SharePoint. To learn more about Planner and the differences between Microsoft Project, Planner, To Do, or the Tasks app in Teams, click here.
- PowerPoint - Microsoft PowerPoint is a slideshow presentations program. You can create presentations from scratch or a template, and add text, images, art, videos, transitions and animations. To learn more, click here.
- Project - Microsoft Project is a project management program used in developing a schedule, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads. To learn more, click here.
- SharePoint - Microsoft SharePoint (also referred to here as SharePoint Online) is a document management and collaboration tool that allows you to build intranet sites and create pages, document libraries, and lists. To learn more, click here.
- Stream - Microsoft Stream is an Enterprise Video service where people in your organization can upload, view, and share videos securely. You can share recordings of classes, meetings, presentations, training sessions, or other videos that aid your team's collaboration. To learn more, click here.
- Sway - Microsoft Sway is an easy-to-use digital storytelling app for creating interactive reports, presentations, personal stories and more.
- To Do
here to access the real-time 3D development platform and workflows that professionals use to create immersive experiences across industries. Free for students.
The following software resources are available to students at a
, powered by the Foundation for California Community Colleges, offers discounts of up to 85 percent on a wide range of educational products—from industry-leading software and technology to high quality office and classroom furniture.
JourneyEd: The EDU Techstore
offers Academic software discounts at up to 85% off retail prices for students, teachers, faculty and schools. Academic discounts on Adobe, Microsoft, Autodesk, Corel, IMSI and other vendors.