EOPS/CARE/NextUp is a cluster of academic support programs that assist students disadvantaged by language, social, economic, and educational circumstances. The programs primarily serve students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation, single parents, and former foster youth. Comprehensive academic and support services are provided to increase students' retention, graduation, and transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
You can manage your EOPS Counseling appointments by clicking one of the buttons below. After booking your appointment you will receive an email confirmation (to your RCCD email address) with a Zoom url meeting link. Please save this email to access your online appointment.
To apply for the EOPS program, click
here to download and complete the application. Then, send the completed application to email@example.com (ATTN: Steven Gonzalez), and we will reply as soon as possible.
- Be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Be enrolled in 12 or more units when accepted into the program.
- Foster Youth can be enrolled in 9 units
- Students with accommodations from the Disability Resource Center will vary depending on unit recommendation.
- Not have completed more than 70 units (from all colleges/universities)
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application, and be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (previously the Board of Governors Fee Waiver) under method A or B
Be educationally disadvantaged, which includes one of the following factors:
- Not qualified at the college of attendance for enrollment into the minimum level English or Mathematics course that is applicable to the associate degree.
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained the General Education Diploma (GED)
- Graduated from high school with a grade point average below 2.50 (transcript needed)
- Been previously enrolled in remedial education
- Is a first-generation college student
- Is a member of an underrepresented group residing in the immediate service area
- The primary language in the home is/was non-English
- Is a current or former foster youth
Hours & Location:
Location: (during open campus)
Center for Student Success 211 (2nd Floor)
Student Success Coach, NextUp/Phoenix Scholars
951-738-7743 (Office Number)
951-897-8703 (Cell Number)
Administrative Assistant II
EOPS/CARE & CalWORKs Counselor
Dean, Special Funded Programs