Interested in Free College?
WHAT IS THE PROMISE PROGRAM?
The Norco College Promise Program is designed to help first-time college students complete their educational goals in a timely manner without a financial burden. Students who commit to the Promise Program and maintain eligibility may receive financial support during their first two-years to increase their success and decrease the rising cost of education.
Benefits to Students
Covers your cost for full-time enrollment - $46/unit for at least 12 units. Expenses that traditionally go to tuition costs can now be used for other priorities and needs.
Covers your student services fee - Paying this fee entitles you to benefits and privileges including club/organization membership, scholarships, participation in athletics, and transportation for field trips, which all contribute or bring value to your educational goal.
Covers your health services fee - This gives you access to wellness events and workshops, flu and vaccine, and access to personal counseling from mental health counselors. These are tools and resources here to support your health and wellness and ultimately, your academic success.
Covers your transportation fee - This gives you the ability to ride freely on Riverside public transportation. Getting to and from school is a need and we want to make sure you have access.
Please note that we have reached our application maximum for the Fall 2023 cohort and are no longer accepting new applications for the Promise Program.
Those who have already applied will be notified of their status once we complete eligibility verifications in August.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete Norco College Admissions Application for Summer 2023 or Fall 2023
- Complete the 2023-2024 Financial Aid Application (FAFSA or Dream Act)
- Complete the Promise Program online application - (Please note: applications are now closed for the Fall
- Complete, sign, and submit a Norco College Promise Program Agreement (please check student and personal email after submitting Promise online application.)
- Must be a first-time college student
- Must stay enrolled in 12 units for Fall & Spring term
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Must be a CA resident or AB540 eligible
- No income requirements to join (but financial aid application is still required)
- Must identify Norco College as your "home" college