The goal of the Welcome Center is to provide students with well informed and clearly directed services from application to registration. Informing students about their placement levels, campus resources, majors, career options, and assisting students with registration are valuable support services needed to promote and increase students' success.
- English, math & reading - (UPDATE: With the newly enacted AB 705 bill, Norco College has implemented a new assessment process to maximize the opportunity for students to enter transfer level coursework for English and math. Click here to learn more about AB 705)
Students - Know Your Rights! Watch this video for more information on assessment tests. California Assembly Bill AB 705 requires colleges to take into account high school coursework, high school grades, and high school grade point average when determining math and English placement upon enrollment.
- Proficiency Test for English as a Second Language (PTESL)
Educational Advisors are available to meet with first-time college students
- Review placement results and complete First Semester Ed Plan
- Explore course options based on program of study
- Receive information about campus resources, majors and career options
- Assistance with registration
- Spanish Test
- Chemistry Diagnostic Test