Previous Benefits Users
You are classified as a Previous Benefit User if you have previously received educational benefits at another institution and would like to resume your educational benefits at Norco College.
Step 1: Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits
- Chapter 33, 30, VRAP, 1606 or 1607: Complete Form 22-1995 or Chapter 35: Complete Form 22-5495
- Forms may be submitted online at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Provide a copy of the Change of Program/location Form to the VA Certifying Official.
Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Norco College (If applicable)
- Submit an application for admission. Wait 24-48 hours for processing.
- Take the Assessment Test
- Complete New Student Online Orientation
Step 3: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Norco College
- Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old.
- Include Military transcripts (Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard) and all other high school and college transcripts.
Step 4: Meet with a VA Certifying Official
- Select Program of Study - For VA purposes, a specific approved educational goal must be chosen. No undecided or General Education programs will be accepted by the VA. Norco College articulation agreements are found at www.assist.org. A list of approved programs is available at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Request for evaluation of prior coursework - All prior coursework must be evaluated before student education plans are created.
- In order to proceed to the next step, you must be approved by a VA Certifying Official.
Step 5: Meet with a VA Academic Counselor for a VA Student Education Plan
- Classes that are included in the Students Educational Plan (SEP) will be payable by the VA. A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. Change of educational goal should be discussed with a VA Certifying Official at the time of meeting.
- When registering for classes refer to your copy of the SEP. Only required classes on the SEP are payable by the VA.
Step 6: Register for classes using WebAdvisor
- Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement - Veterans will receive 4 years of priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to a VA Certifying Official for approval.
- Registration dates and times are issued to every student. Click on My Registration Date/Holds on WebAdvisor. View the Registration Video located under Instructions/Tutorials on WebAdvisor for assistance.
- Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a “W”, and with a “W”) and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class.
Step 7: Submit the Veterans Intent & Statement of Responsibility (VISoR) & receive Certification
- The VISoR is available in the Veterans Resource Center (SSV 2nd Floor) or located on the forms webpage. The VISoR must be completed by the student every semester.
- A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student’s VA Student Education Plan before proceeding with VA certification.
- Once certification at Norco College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number. Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status.