skip navigation
Financial Aid Awards

Board of Governor’s Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOGW)
The Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) is a state program that waives enrollment fees for qualifying students at California Community Colleges. The BOGW will also reduce parking fees for fall and spring semesters. However, the BOGW does not pay for books, other educational supplies, the student services fees, the health fees, or additional class fees (such as art, CPR fees or other required fees as listed in the schedule of classes).

Federal Pell Grant
Pell grants are the foundation of federal financial assistance and are available for students with high financial need. Unlike most federal assistance, these grants do not need to be paid back as long as you do not withdraw from classes; you successfully complete your classes and are not receiving Pell grants at another school.

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to undergraduate students with the most financial need. Students with the lowest EFC number (zero) on their FAFSA applications who are Pell grant eligible for the award year will have primary consideration for FSEOG awards. Nonresident students as well as Study Abroad students may also be eligible.

Cal Grant
Cal Grants are State grants administered by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). These grants are awarded to California residents to assist them in paying their educational expenses at any qualifying college or institution.

Chafee Grant 
The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) awards the Chafee Grant to current and former foster youth to use for career and technical training or college courses. The CSAC Chafee grant is awarded up to $5,000 annually (or up to the unmet need) for students enrolled in 6 or more units during the Fall, Spring or Summer sessions.

Federal Work Study (FWS)
The Federal Work Study Program offers students the opportunity to gain work experience and earn additional funding through part-time employment (up to 20 hours per week) to assist in paying for your educational expenses. The program also benefits the community by offering services at no cost to non-profit organizations and government institutions.

Federal Direct Loan Program
(DL Stafford Subsidized Loans or DL Stafford Unsubsidized Loans)
Unlike grants or work-study, Direct Loans (DL) are borrowed funds that must be repaid with interest.
Subsidized loans are for students who have demonstrated financial need. You may borrow up to $3500 as a first-year student (completed less than 30 units at RCCD) and $4500 as a second-year student (completed 30 or more units at RCCD) per academic year. The federal government pays the interest during deferment periods while students are in college at least half-time. To qualify, students must meet all of the requirements for federal student financial assistance and have their eligibility for all other grants determined first. Federal student loans should be a student’s last resource.

Unsubsidized loans are not based on financial need. Students are responsible for paying the interest on these loans. Interest starts accruing as soon as the loan is disbursed and ends when the loan is paid in full. Students may choose to defer the interest payments while they are enrolled in college at least half-time. NC recommends that students make interest payments while they are in college.

Full Time Student Success Grant 
The Full-Time Student Success Grant is a new financial aid program for Cal Grant B recipients attending full-time at a California community college. In addition to the $1656 annual Cal Grant B award paid at RCCD, the Full-Time Student Success Grant pays an additional $600 annually.
In order to receive a Full Time Student Success Grant award at Norco College , you must:
  • Meet all requirements to be awarded a Cal Grant B
  • Maintain Full-Time attendance (12 or more units) at RCCD