The Norco College Career Center has a computer lab and print materials available for students to use to explore information about the job market, take career assessments, and work on employment documents/applications.
The library is open for browsing during regular hours and contains books on topics including resumes, cover letters, interview skills, and career advice for a variety of special populations.
Here are some helpful websites to better assist you:
- California Career Zone: California Career Zone is a new way to explore exciting jobs and occupations that the Golden State has to offer and to learn about what career path interests you.
- California Colleges: This Career section aims to help you identify and prepare for a career that suits your skills, values, interests, and personality.
- California Occupational Guides - The California Occupational Guides are a series of about 300 information sheets covering individual occupations or groups of related occupations.They provide statewide information about job duties, working conditions, employment outlook, wages, benefits, entrance requirements, and training.
- Career Cafe: A comprehensive career guidance site hosted by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
- EUREKA - At EUREKA, they have been collecting occupational and career-related information for over 25 years. They can help you develop a plan to get started on any career-track. Use site ID code IUJRUYV to access the Norco College site.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) - For hundreds of different types of jobs - such as teacher, lawyer, and nurse -the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you information regarding career choices.
- O*Net - The O*NET system serves as the nation's primary source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations. The O*NET database houses this data and O*NET OnLine provides easy access to that information.
- Salary Information: The Internet's most popular job salary calculator. Free basic salary reports and salary comparisons.