The CARE Network
The Care Network was created with the intention of assessing individuals-of-concern and to ensure that each student has access to the best possible support in their academic lives. Sometimes there are gray areas when supporting students in our college community and the CARE Network will ensure a clear process is available to all.
Formed through the cooperative efforts of college leadership and working with full authority of the Office of the President, the CARE Network
Meets weekly and responds to reports regarding individuals-of-concern:
- Work with,
support and connects those individuals to resources as necessary.
- Develops preventative identification, education and response strategies and
- Follows up with individuals-of-concern
You may be the first to notice behavior or may hold the last clue to preventing a catastrophe. Whether the student has an outburst, going through personal challenges, or is acting out of character, The CARE Network wants to know about it.
Please report concerning, risky or harmful behavior using the online
CARE Network Reporting Form or contact a member of the CARE Network team member immediately. However, if your student has a need related to food, clothing or housing, please contact, Kimberly Thomas, Supervisor of Basic Needs & Wellness at (951) 738-7413 or direct them to the
Basic Needs & Wellness page.
For further information on the CARE Network procedures, please contact the Office of Student Life at (951) 372-7021, or the Dean of Student Life directly.
Dr. Mark Hartley
Dean, Student Life
Dr. Greg Ferrer
Director, Disability Resource Center
- Nicole Capps - Assistant Professor, English, Communications
- Christopher Castillo - Student Resource Specialist, Student Services
- Cathleen Chou - Director, Student Health, Student Health and Psychological Services
- Greg Ferrer - Director, Disability Resource Center
- Maria Gonzalez - Director, Student Financial Services
- Mark Hartley - Dean, Student Life, Student Services
- Amy Kramer - Asst. Prof, Counseling (EOPS), Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Leticia Martinez - Student Financial Services Analyst, Student Financial Services
- Cecilia Ramirez - Administrative Assistant III, Admissions and Records
- Jim Rossum - Police Officer, RCCD Police
- Marianne Stefanous - Administrative Assistant III, Student Services
- Sheree Summers - Mental Health Services Supervisor, Health Services
- Kaneesha Tarrant - Vice President, Student Services
- Kimberly Thomas - Basic Needs and Wellness Supervisor, Basic Needs and Wellness
- Leona Vassale - Disability Specialist, Disability Resource Center
- Steve Vaipulu - Officer, Safety & Police