veterans banner

​Co​ntinuin​g Benefits User

You are classified as a Continuing Benefit User if you have attended Norco College and received educational benefits in the previous term and would like to access your educational benefits again for the current term. 

​Step 1: Meet with a Certifying Official and VA Academic Counselor (OPTIONAL)

    • Inquire with a Certifying Official regarding VA certification status for the upcoming term. 
    • Discuss course enrollment options with a VA Academic Counselor using the VA Express Counseling Appointment.

    Step 2: Register for classes using WebAdvisor

      • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement: 
      • Veterans will receive 4 years of priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to a VA Certifying Official for approval. 
      • Veterans/dependents should enroll in courses that are listed in the VA SEP. 
      • Registration dates and times are issued to every student. Click on My Registration Date/Holds on WebAdvisor. 
      • View the Registration Video located under Instructions/Tutorials on WebAdvisor for assistance. 
      • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a “W”, and with a “W”) and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class. 

    Step 3: Submit the Veterans Intent & Statement of Responsibility (VISoR) & receive Certification

      • The VISoR is available in the Veterans Resource Center (SSV 2nd Floor) or located on the forms​ web​page. The VISoR must be completed by the student every semester. 
      • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student’s VA Student Education Plan before proceeding with VA certification. 
      • Once certification at Norco College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number. Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL®​-1 to verify enrollment and payment status.​