This year's commencement will take place on June 7, 2019 at 6:00pm. For degree & certificate deadlines, please visit the Evaluations & Graduation page.
Over 3,500 friends and family gathered at commencement to cheer on their loved ones on Thursday, June 7, 2018. Emotions ran high on the soccer field as over 350 graduates walked-up stage to accept their diploma.
Norco College Faculty Speaker, Buck Stevens addressed the graduates with a speech of encouragement and hope. Student speaker, Maria Barragan shared her story with a heart tugging yet inspirational speech. The evening was full of excitement and celebration.
Here are some interesting facts about our 2018 graduates:
- 1,216 students graduated
- 1,732 associate degrees awarded
- 479 certificates awarded
- 293 students graduated with distinction (3.3 to 3.6)
- 151 graduated with great distinction (3.7 and above)
- 50 graduated with a 4.0 (earning an A in every course)
- 6 graduates completed the Honors Program
- 9 graduates served in Student Government
- 24 graduates were veterans of the armed services
- Most senior graduate was 67 years old
- Youngest graduate was 17 years old
Many students received multiple degrees.
- 294 received two degrees
- 140 received three degrees
- 86 received four degrees
- 28 received five degrees
- 4 received six degrees
Our JFK Middle College High School students continued to set the bar.
- 27 students who graduated JFK High School on May 31, also graduated from Norco College on June 7.
- 85 high school student graduates from JFK also completed their freshman year of college while attending HS.
On behalf of Norco College, CONGRATULATIONS Class of 2018! You did it. Continue to transform your life through education and never stop making this world a better place. We believe in you.