skip navigation
Frequently Asked Questions

General Counseling Questions

Question: How do I arrange to meet with a counselor?
Answer: Walk-in counseling is available for students with quick questions. Otherwise, use the online appointment system.

Question: What is a Student Educational Plan (SEP)?
Answer: A SEP, which you will develop with your counselor, lists the classes you will need to complete your educational goal at Norco College.

Question: What are general education courses?
Answer: GE courses are required of all students regardless of major. They are designed to provide you with a broad base of knowledge, and usually include the areas of English, Math, Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, and Physical & Biological Sciences.

Question: What are electives?
Answer: An elective course is one that is not required for general education or for major preparation.

Question: How long will it take me to complete the AA/AS Degree?
Answer: You will need 60 degree applicable units to earn an associate's degree. The length of time will depend on your placement in English, Math, and Reading classes as well as how many units you will take each term.

Question: How can I improve my study skills?
Answer: One of the best ways to improve your study skills is to enroll in Guidance 48, College Success Strategies.

Question: What is the Financial Aid Number for Norco College?
Answer: The Norco College Financial Aid Number is #041761.


Question: How do I apply for graduation?
Answer: You will need to log into WebAdvisor and choose Degree Application or Certificate Application from the Students Menu.

Career Counseling/Job Placement

Question: Where do I go to receive career counseling?
Answer: Career counseling is available through the Norco College Career and Job Placement Center.

Question: Can Norco College help me find a job?
Answer: Job listings are available through the Career and Job Placement Center.

Transferring to a Four-Year University

Question: How can I prepare to transferto a four-year university?
Answer: Meet with a counselor to discuss the specific requirements for your chosen university and major. The Norco College Transfer Center has numerous resources to help you. You also may want to enroll in Guidance 46 - Introduction to the transfer process.

Question: What is the IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)?
Answer: The IGETC is a series of courses that community college students can take to satisfy lower-division general education requirements at any CSU or UC campus.