English as a Second Language
Is the ESL program for you? If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, then the ESL test is probably the right choice for you.
- Did you graduate from high school in another country?
- If you graduated from an American high school, did you take ESL there?
- Were you born and raised in another country?
- Do you mostly speak a language other than English at home?
The ESL test, also known as the Proficiency Test in English as a Second Language (PTESL), is designed for non-native English speakers. The test will measure your knowledge of the English language and readiness to take college-level classes.
- Paper & Pencil
- 5 background questions
- 20 listening questions
- 75 grammar and reading comprehension questions
- Time limit: 1½ hours to complete.
Make an appointment to take the English as a Second Language (PTESL) test:
Click here to schedule your PTESL appointment online. If you need assistance with scheduling your appointment, please contact us for assistance.