skip navigation
Which Tests Do I Need?

Ability to Benefit: Students without high school diplomas who will be applying for financial aid.

Accuplacer Online English and Math assessments: First time college students, some continuing and transfer students.

California Chemistry Diagnostic Test: Students who want to take Chemistry 1A and have either completed Chemistry 2A or one year of high school chemistry with a lab.

Proficiency Test in English as a Second Language: Non-Native English speakers who wish to enroll into English as a Second Language.

Reading and Math Competency Tests: All graduating students who are referred from the Evaluation/Counseling Department in order to meet graduation requirements.

Spanish: Non-native speaking students who want to take Spanish language classes.
The Spanish placement test measures competency levels for those who wish to enroll in Spanish courses but need to determine the appropriate starting level. The results show a recommendation of the appropriate Spanish class. Students can enroll in a level lower than their placement, but not higher.