skip navigation
Previous Benefit User

You are classified as a Previous Benefit User if you have previously received educational benefits at another institution and would like to resume your educational benefits at Norco College.

Step 1: Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits

  • Chapter 33, 30, VRAP, 1606 or 1607: Complete Form 22-1995 or Chapter 35: Complete Form 22-5495
  • Forms may be submitted online at
  • Provide a copy of the Change of Program/location Form to the VA Certifying Official.

Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Norco College (If applicable)

  • Submit an application for admission. Wait 24-48 hours for processing.
  • Take the Assessment Test
  • Complete New Student Online Orientation

Step 3: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Norco College

  • Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old.
  • Include Military transcripts (Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard) and all other high school and college transcripts.

Step 4: Meet with a VA Certifying Official

  • Select Program of Study - For VA purposes, a specific approved educational goal must be chosen. No undecided or General Education programs will be accepted by the VA. Norco College articulation agreements are found at A list of approved programs is available at
  • Request for evaluation of prior coursework - All prior coursework must be evaluated before student education plans are created.
  • In order to proceed to the next step, you must be approved by a VA Certifying Official.

Step 5: Meet with a VA Academic Counselor for a VA Student Education Plan

  • Classes that are included in the Students Educational Plan (SEP) will be payable by the VA. A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. Change of educational goal should be discussed with a VA Certifying Official at the time of meeting.
  • When registering for classes refer to your copy of the SEP. Only required classes on the SEP are payable by the VA.

Step 6: Register for classes using WebAdvisor

  • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement - Veterans will receive 4 years of priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to a VA Certifying Official for approval.
  • Registration dates and times are issued to every student. Click on My Registration Date/Holds on WebAdvisor. View the Registration Video located under Instructions/Tutorials on WebAdvisor for assistance.
  • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a “W”, and with a “W”) and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class.

Step 7: Submit the Veterans Intent & Statement of Responsibility (VISoR) & receive Certification

  • The VISoR is available in the Veterans Resource Center (SSV 2nd Floor) or located on the Veterans Resource Center Home Page under Forms. The VISoR must be completed by the student every semester.
  • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student’s VA Student Education Plan before proceeding with VA certification.
  • Once certification at Norco College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number. Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status.