Event Proposal for FLEX Credit - please submit this form to the Professional Development Committee for your event to be approved as a FLEX Event.
The flexible calendar program provides time for faculty, staff, and administrators to participate in activities that promote student learning. You can ONLY receive FLEX credit for activity obtained in the current academic year. FLEX hours cannot be rolled forward into other academic years or claim for prior years. Currently, faculty is required to participate in 24 hours of FLEX per current academic year.
Getting Credit for FLEX
There are two ways to obtain FLEX credit for full-time faculty:
Attend a PDC sponsored FLEX workshop and sign in.
Develop your own FLEX plan and submit appropriate evidence of participation
To Request FLEX Credit, please follow the steps below and submit evidence to Nicole Brown.
NOTE: You will need to be on campus and connected to the RCCD network in order to access the FLEX database.
- Go to https://studentrcc.sharepoint.com/sites/ws/flextrack to login the database. Faculty DO NOT need to be on the Intranet or campus computer to access this website if they use the above link. *DO NOT USE UNTIL DECEMBER 1, 2020 - SYSTEM IS NOT CURRENTLY LIVE AND STILL IN DEVELOPMENT*
- Here is FLEX Track documentation on how to use the new system.
- Login with your RCCD username & password.
- Once logged in, you can view your completed activities, activities in progress, and Add a New Individual Activity. You will want to Add a New Individual Activity.
- Please record all the Individual Activities you have completed or plan to complete before June 30th. When you enter your Individual Activity in FLEX, an automatic email will go to your department chair for approval. Upon approval of your individual activity and receipt of your evidence of completion sent directly to me, you will be awarded Flex credit.
NOTE: All events and workshop attendance sheets have been entered into the system. If you attended an event/workshop and do not see it listed in the Completed Activities tab, please advise Nicole Brown on what the activity was and to whom you sent your evidence (please list date submitted).
Appropriate Evidence: the college requires evidence that you have completed and/or participated in an event outside of the PDC sponsored workshops. Submit your evidence to Nicole Brown, Instructional Support Programs Coordinator. Please note that ALL evidence must have the minimum three indentifiers: Full name of attendee, Name of event, and date of event. Otherwise, it doesn't meet state FLEX requirements and cannot be accepted.
Here are some common examples accepted as evidence:
An email confirming your registration for a conference (These are the best)
Minutes from a meeting
ID name tags with the conference logo on it (plus date and name of event)
Programs/agenda schedules that contain your name if you are a speaker or submitted a paper.
A copy of a published paper
Part-Time (PT) Faculty Documents
If you have any questions or access issues with eTrieve, please email Nicole C. Brown and provide your department and discipline as well as contact information.
NOTE: Please be assured that part-time adjunct faculty DO NOT need to be on the Intranet or campus computer to access this website if they use the above link. The form will need to be completed by the PT Faculty personnel themselves as the form will auto-populate with the employee information of the person who logged into Etrieve Central.