Norco College, Moreno Valley College, and Riverside City College have joined forces with #CaliforniansForAll College Corps to offer up to 50 students local service opportunities in community organizations, such as food banks, climate action organizations, and K-12 schools
for the 2022 - 23 academic year.
College Corps program has three core goals:
Goal 1: Engage students in meaningful service opportunities that build career pathways, leadership skills and civic responsibility.
Goal 2: Help students from diverse backgrounds graduate college on time and with less debt.
Goal 3: Support the work of community-based organizations focused on key local priorities.
Benefits of College Corps
College Corps fellows who complete requirements of the program will:
- Earn up to $10,000 to help pay for college;
- Gain real-world experience and skills to add to your resume;
- Receive practical training and opportunities for professional development and networking;
- Connect with service-oriented student leaders working toward a common purpose within your community and across the state;
- Earn college credit.
- Commit to a total of 450 service hours during the 2022 - 23 academic year (approximately 12-15 hours per week).
- Service hours will be completed within local K-12 schools, food banks/pantries, climate action organizations, or agencies providing post-carceral services. (Placement sites will be organized and assigned by the program based on students’ interests).
- Actively participate in trainings, team meetings, and weekly seminars.
- Engage in service initiatives as assigned.
- $7,000 Stipend (provided in monthly installments)
- $3,000 Education Award (upon completion of the program)
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Attend either Riverside City College, Moreno Valley College, or Norco College;
- Be enrolled in 12 or more units each semester;
- Maintain good academic standing;
- Submit FAFSA or Dream Act Application for 2022 - 23 by June 1;
- Current U.S. citizen, U.S. National or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States (copy of U.S birth certificate, passport or Legal Permanent Resident Card), or AB 540 Dreamer;
- Complete all background checks upon hire. (Not required for AB 540 Dreamer students).
|May 12 - May 30||Application Submission Period (Deadline is Monday, May 30 at 11:59 pm)|
|May 31 - June 3||Committee Application Screening |
|June 6 - June 10||Notification of Interview|
|June 13 - 17||Interviews |
|June 27||Notification of Selection|
Patricia A. Gill