Technology Support Services
Your Technology Support Services (TSS) Team is pleased to
provide on-site support for your College provided Laptops, Tablets, Surface Pro’s and iPads.
To request support, please contact RCCD Technology Helpdesk or call 951-222-8388. For Staff, Faculty and Admin please submit a
ServiceDesk request and provide the NC asset tag of the equipment, contact information and a brief description of the issue.
NC Student Technology Support
We live in a digital world — and academia is no different. To navigate through your college experience you will need, to varying degrees, to use technology we provide, including:
- Student Email
- Additional Resources
NC employees do not work on personal equipment or software — for security, liability and safety reasons.
Technology Video Tutorials
Hardware and Software
Supply and Student Discounts
Some programs supply their students with computer hardware (if required for study). You also have the option to purchase your own computer hardware and/or software at discount. The Foundation for California Community Colleges College Buys site provides discounts for hardware and software purchases for students and employees.
Software on Personal Computer
College-supplied computers come with all required software already installed. For your personal system, you can download Microsoft Office 365 applications from inside your RCCD Single Sign-on Portal. Check with your department about additional specific applications. Adobe offers a student rate when you provide your student email address.
Wifi Access and Printing
Connecting to Wifi
Norco College has two wireless networks, administered by RCCD, to provide internet access on campus:
- Wireless Network: rccd
- Students and employees receive free internet connectivity for up to 5 personal devices while on campus through the RCCD WiFi network. Simply log in with your RCCD full email address as username and password.
- Wireless Network: rccd_guest
- The rccd_guest wireless network allows guests to use their personal or company device(s) to access the internet.
- Standard guest access allows internet access in 90 minute intervals. Restrictions including high-bandwidth streaming services, questionable content, and resources that may negatively impact RCCD instructional and/or operational use, are applied.
- Elevated guest access requires a sponsored guest account created by HelpDesk. Elevated access includes less access and speed restrictions. If you require Elevated guest access, please contact the department that you are working with and ask them to submit a work order through the Helpdesk. Please allow 24 hours to process.
There are a number of labs and engagement centers around campus that allow you to print. Rules and fees may vary — some programs require printing, which may be included as part of your materials fee. Check with your instructor or department for more information. General copy and print services for students are available inside the Digital Library. Additional printers can be found around campus. Ask our department for more information.
Additional Resources and Support
Accessing Software and Online Courses
While YouTube and the internet can help you solve certain problems, the links below can help you resolve issues or just be more confident when working with the technology. Still stuck? Contact our Help Desk and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.
Technology Support Services Team:
Information Technology Analyst
Information Technology Analyst
Hours & Location
Mon - Fri: 7 am - 4 pm