The Norco College Racial Justice Taskforce was created in light of the Black Lives Matter movement and the California State Chancellor's Call to Action. We are committed to inclusivity and will be adding to our collection of resources encompassing the diverse group of students and employees we proudly serve.
Racial Justice Taskforce Purpose
- Identify racial inequities and dismantle racist practices in our institution for students and employees
- Inward assessment to examine where and how systemic racism is affecting our students and employees
- Audit classroom climate and create action plan to create inclusive classrooms and anti-racism curriculum (Call to Action)
- Develop and implement action plans to eliminate racial inequities in our institution
- Identify manifestations of systemic racism and anti-Blackness within our institution
- Educate on how to identify race issues at the college
▪ Be visible ▪ Open, honest conversation ▪ Listen to learn ▪ Share airtime ▪ Be present in the conversation ▪ Be open to new perspectives ▪ Establish level of confidentiality ▪ Call in culture ▪ Lean into discomfort and be brave ▪ No titles, no positions ▪
Dear Norco College Community,
The Norco College mission, deeply rooted over 29 years, is to serve as an institution that celebrates diversity and inclusion, expands access, and relentlessly pursues equity. We actively stand and educate against racism and are committed to ensuring that students receive an education free from discrimination in a welcoming and affirming environment.
As a community of educators, learners, dreamers, doers, activists, artists, inventors, and change agents, we believe that education is the great equalizer in our society. As a college community, we use our platform to amplify the voices of our students, of all students. We have a moral obligation to lead by modeling civility, embracing justice, showing respect, and opposing oppression and hatred.
Read full statement here
has zero tolerance for discrimination. If you would like to report an incident, please fill out this