What To Do If You Get a Ticket
If you receive a parking citation, you can appeal it. On the back of each citation is information on how to contest the citation. If you do decide to contest a citation, keep in mind the following:
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. You have 21 calendar days from the day the citation was issued to request an initial administrative review.
- If you do not begin the initial review within 21 days, you have forfeited your right to appeal the citation at any level.
- Once you request and/or submit appeal forms, it is your responsibility to find out if they were sent to you or received by us.
- If you request appellate paperwork over the phone and do not receive it, you must call back by the 21st day.
To appeal or pay a ticket, please follow the link:
Send a check in the pre-addressed envelope provided with the citation to:
Riverside Community College District
PO Box 2081
Tustin, CA 92781-2081
The appellate process that the District follows is set by the State of California. Therefore, time frames and deadline dates cannot and will not be extended, nor can any District personnel waive or modify this process.
First Level Appeal-Administrative Review by Parking Services: Citations may be contested by contacting the Norco College Police within 21 (twenty-one) calendar days from the date of the citation. Citation appeals may be submitted in person, by telephone or in writing. Citation appeals submitted through the mail must be postmarked within the 21 (twenty-one) day limit.
Second Level Appeal-Arbitration Hearing by Outside Entity: Citations upheld at the First Level may be contested by contacting the Norco College Police within 21 (twenty-one) calendar days from the date of the notification of the decision of the First Level Appeal. Second Level appeals may be submitted in person, by telephone or in writing. Appeals submitted through the mail must be postmarked within the 21 (twenty-one) day limit. An Administrative Hearing will be held within 90 calendar days following receipt of a request for hearing.
Third Level-Contesting Citation in Court: Citations upheld by the Administrative Hearing Officer at the Second Level may be taken to court. An appeal must be filed with the appropriate court within 30 calendar days after the mailing or delivery of the decision of the Administrative Hearing Officer. This means that all the paperwork must be filed with the court before the 30-day deadline. The court does not accept phone call or postmarks. Contact RCCD College Police for details and paperwork.
Payment Plan Criteria for all Staff, Faculty, Students and Visitors:,
1. Citation(s) must equal $500 or more at time of application.
2. A maximum of 12 monthly installments will be allowed.
3. A $25 processing fee will be required.
Application for Parking Citation Payment Plan