RCCD will be transitioning from the Sallie Mae debit card to a new disbursement method beginning with Summer 2014. How will this affect your spring disbursement?
- Students eligible for the February 21st spring disbursement
- All continuing financial aid students with an open and active Sallie Mae debit card will receive their disbursement on their debit card
- All other students (without an open and active Sallie Mae debit card) will receive their disbursement in paper check form from Sallie Mae, mailed out on the date of the disbursement (2-21-14). Students must make sure their address is updated in Web Advisor at least two weeks prior to each disbursement to avoid a delay in receiving a financial aid check(s).
- Remaining Spring Disbursements (March 28, May 9, June 12)
- All remaining spring disbursement(s) will be disbursed by paper check from Sallie Mae, mailed out on the date of the disbursement. Students must make sure their address is updated in Web Advisor at least two weeks prior to each disbursement to avoid a delay in receiving a financial aid check(s).
Current Sallie Mae Debit Card Users
- In mid-February, Sallie Mae will be emailing you detailed directions on how to close your Sallie Mae debit card account. You will have until March 31, 2014 to withdraw all remaining funds from your debit card. After that date, Sallie Mae will mail you a check with any remaining balance left on your card.
Continuing Students for Summer 2014 and beyond
- We intend to offer new options for disbursements starting Summer 2014 semester and future semesters via Higher One. Your disbursement method options will include:
- Higher One Debit Card OR
- Direct Deposit into your personal account OR
- Paper Check
- RCCD and Higher One will send out more information as summer semester approaches. Please make sure to check your RCCD email frequently for these updates
- Don’t forget to renew your FAFSA application for 2014-15 now. Look for updates in April to complete your financial aid file for Fall 2014 by our first priority deadline.
For questions regarding this transition, please visit the Student Financial Services office at your home college.