If you are a first-time Norco College student, you will need to take the Accuplacer placement test in the Assessment Center. The placement test will determine what level of English and math courses you need to take. You must wait at least one to two working days after completing the Norco College Online Orientation before you can make an appointment online. The Accuplacer placement test takes about 1½ hours to complete, but we ask that you set 2 hours aside for the entire process. New students will have to take the full test, English, Reading and Math. Some continuing and transfer students may have to take only the English or Math part.
Students must show photo identification to take the placement test.
State-issued ID/licenses, passports, IDs from other colleges and high school IDs are acceptable.
- Please use your RCCD Student ID number to make your online appointment. You will receive your RCCD Student ID number in your email "Welcome to Norco College" letter from Admissions and Records.
- If you learned another language before learning English, the Proficiency Test in English as a Second Language (PTESL) might be more appropriate for you. Consult the Testing Calendar before scheduling an appointment online.
PLACEMENT RESULTS FROM ANOTHER COLLEGE:
- Norco College can only accept placement results from the Accuplacer placement test
- If you took a different placement test, please sign up to take our Accuplacer placement test.
- If you took the Accuplacer placement test at another college, you may submit them for evaluation if:
- You completed the Accuplacer placement test on or after 7/2/2001.
- If your Accuplacer results are not within one year of testing at any of the three colleges in the Riverside Community College District (Norco, Riverside City College and Moreno Valley College).
- A print-out of your Accuplacer test results with the raw scores (a print-out from the student records cannot be accepted) must be submitted along with the "Matriculation Appeal for Outside Placement Evaluation" to the Assessment Center.
- This form is available in the Assessment Center during office hours.
- Assessment Center staff will process your test scores along with multiple measures data you provide on the "Matriculation Appeal for Outside Placement Evaluation" form to determine your appropriate placements.
- You will be notified of your placements within five days.
Please note, due to different scoring criteria from college to college, placements may not be the same as those you earned at the other colleges.
One retest is allowed within a 5 year period starting from the original test date.
- Students may request a retest in the Assessment Center if:
- Placement results on file are over a year and a day AND enrollment into English, reading, or math has not yet occurred.
- A grade of at least a “C” or “P” has been earned after completing an RCCD math or English course.
- Students can appeal to retest sooner if they can provide compelling evidence that the initial placement level is not an accurate reflection of their ability OR with proof that an appropriate academic intervention has occurred. Please visit the Counseling Office for assistance with the appeal process.
- Students may purchase a temporary parking permit at a Parking Pay Station in LOTS A or B and across the Library near College Way.
- Arrive for your appointment at least 20 minutes early.
- Call Parking Services at (951) 222-8521/8522 with any parking questions/concerns.
- Please keep in mind that due to state budget conditions, most RCCD departments are understaffed. You may return during testing hours to speak with an Assessment clerk, times and dates can be found at the Testing Calendar page or leave a message at 951-372-7176. Upon leaving a message, students will be contacted within 24-48 hour of message retrieval. We thank you for your understanding and apologize for this inconvenience.