Submit the application confirmation page, official high school transcripts, and completed School/Parent Approval Form to Admission & Records by these dates for each term you wish to attend:
Fall 2014: April 1st – June 16th
Spring 2015: October 1st – December 8th
About the Program:
Effective Fall 2014, minor high school students who are capable of benefiting from advanced scholastic or vocational work, are classified as highly gifted and/or talented, or are seeking educational opportunities not otherwise available to them, may be eligible for admission to Norco College as a special student, pursuant to Sections 48800, 48800.5, 48802, 76001, and 76002 of the California Education Code.
All high school students wishing to attend Norco College are required to submit the following documents by the published deadline:
- Norco College Online Application Confirmation Page
- Completed High School Concurrent Enrollment (HSCE) School/Parent Approval Form
- Official High School Transcripts
- Exception Request Form for students under 16 or are in the 9th or 10th grade
All approved high school concurrent enrollment students will have enrollment access on the first day of each term in order to ensure that they do not displace regularly admitted students.
Students enrolled in a Home Study Program must provide proof that the Home Study Program is registered with the State Of California.
Please see below for more information regarding eligibility, steps to apply, course registration, and guidelines.
To qualify for concurrent admissions with Norco College, students must be at least 16 years of age or have completed the 10th grade and in good standing with a high school G.P.A. of at least 3.0.
Students under 16 or who have not completed the 10th grade must receive supplementary approval from the Dean of Admissions & Records through an additional interview process. The interview and approval process in addition to the required documents must be completed and submitted by the application deadline to be eligible to attend Norco College.
Complete these steps and submit all required documents each term you wish to attend:
- Complete the Online Admission Application and print the confirmation page.
- Complete the HSCE School/Parent Approval Form, ensuring that it has been reviewed and signed by you, a parent or guardian, and a principal or designee at your high school.
- Obtain your official high school transcripts (must be in a sealed envelope, within 90 days of the issue date, and have school seal)
- Submit the entire packet (application confirmation page, official high school transcripts, and HSCE School/Parent Approval Form) in person to Norco College Admissions and Records before the posted deadlines.
- Activate your student email. You will only be notified via your student email account of your approval status approximately one month before the term begins.
NOTE: It is essential that you check your student email regularly for notification of approval for HSCE and other important information and updates, such as available courses, schedule changes, waitlist status, and more.
Steps to Accessing your Norco College email:
Step 1: If you do not know your Student Email address, log into WebAdvisor, then click, What’s My RCCD Email Address?
Step 2: Go to mail.office365.com to sign in with your Norco College email address. If it’s your first time logging in, your temporary password is your initials (first letter capitalized) followed by your 6-digit date of birth (e.g. Js061078).
Step 3: Follow the Microsoft prompts to set up your account. It’s a good idea to provide an alternate e-mail address in case you forget your Norco College email address or password.
- Enroll in classes
- If approved, you can begin to enroll in classes on/after the first day of the term.
- Review course offerings in the Schedule of Classes noting dates, prerequisites, location and times of classes.
- Register for classes online through WebAdvisor or in person at the A&R counter with a Norco College HSCE Add Card.
- “Add” and “Drop” deadlines are strictly enforced.
- Pay fees
- High school students are not required to pay enrollment fees but are responsible for a Health Fee and a Student Services Fee for every term attended.
- Make payments online or in person.
- Fee payment deadlines are enforced.
- Purchase parking permit online in WebAdvisor
- HSCE students may enroll in a maximum of 8 units in Fall/Spring and 5 units in Summer.
- HSCE students are not permitted to enroll in any Kinesiology (KIN) courses.
- Norco College allows up to 3 HSCE students to be enrolled in a course. Once the limit has been reached, the instructor’s authorization (signature) on a Norco College HSCE Add Card is required to enroll.
- HSCE students approved at Norco College may enroll into general courses offered at Riverside City or Moreno Valley College, in accordance with each college’s high school concurrent enrollment policies and procedures.
- HSCE students approved at Riverside City or Moreno Valley College may only enroll into Norco College classes in person.
- HSCE students may add themselves to a class waitlist when the course section is closed due to section capacity.
- If a seat becomes available in that course, the next student on the waitlist will automatically be enrolled and notified via their RCCD Student Email when they are moved into the class.
- Students not automatically added can attend the first class meeting with a HSCE Add Card (on-site classes) or email the instructor (online classes) to request to be added to the course.
- If granted approval, an authorization code will be issued by the instructor in order to add the course via WebAdvisor. If the 3 HSCE limit has been reached, students will be required to obtain the instructor’s authorization signature on the High School Concurrent Enrollment Add Card (available in Admissions and Records) before adding the course in-person at Admissions and Records.
- If a signature rather than an authorization code is obtained, the class must be added in person at Admissions and Records.
- Students can determine their waitlist status by clicking on Manage My Waitlist in WebAdvisor.