Statement of Purpose
The Norco Academic Senate, composed of elected faculty representatives, makes recommendations to the College administration and to the Board of Trustees regarding academic and professional matters (defined by AB1725, Section 53200) and facilitates communication among faculty, students, administration, and the Board of Trustees in all matters related to community college education.
The Academic Senate is comprised of two department representatives from each department, senate officers (president, vice-president, secretary-treasurer), and chairs of standing committees of the senate.
- Sharon Crasnow (President), Professor, Philosophy
- Jason Rey (Vice-President), Associate Professor, Mathematics
- Cathy Brotherton (Secretary-Treasurer), Professor, Computer Information Systems
- Peter Boelman-Lopez (Curriculum Committee Chair), Associate Professor, Economics
- Celia Brockenbrough, Communications, Professor, Library Services
- Sarah Burnett, Behavioral and Social Science Representative, Associate Professor, Early Childhood Education
- Peggy Campo, Math and Sciences Representative, Associate Professor, Anatomy and Physiology
- Arend Flick (Assessment Coordinator), Professor, English
- Lyn Greene, Behavioral and Social Science Representative, Assistant Professor, Political Science
- Vivian Harris (Library Advisory Committee), Assistant Professor, Library Services
- Mark Lewis, Communications, Associate Professor, Communications Studies
- Bob Prior (Student Success Committee), Math and Sciences Representative, Professor, Math
- Dorothy Reina, Associate Faculty Representative, Associate Faculty, History
- Deborah Smith (District Academic Standards Representative), Associate Professor, Math
- Sheryl Tschetter (Faculty Development Coordinator), Associate Professor, English
- Jim Thomas (Program Review Committee Chair), Professor, Construction Technology
- Tom Wagner, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Professor, Business Administration
The Academic Senate meets every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Dr. Sharon Crasnow
Academic Senate President