Career Exploration Resources
A free service provided by Norco College to students. Eureka offers career assessments that will assist you in identifying your Personality, Transferable Skills, and preferred Job Characteristics
* Please see the Norco College Career & Job Placement Center for your site ID code *
Norco College Career and Job Placement Center offers a variety of career assessments. After meeting with a counselor, you will be referred for the most appropriate assessment. Self-assessment is a process by which you learn more about yourself -- what you like, what you don't like, and how you tend to react to certain situations. This information can help you determine the occupation that best fits you. Assessment options include:
Strong Interest Inventory: $16
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: $14
The Self-Directed Search: $6
Career Occupational Preference System: $2
- California Career Zone – Complete self-assessments and explore careers.
- Make Money Choices is completely integrated into the CareerZone giving students a seamless connection between their budget and occupations, education and/or training requirements, job outlook, etc.
- California Career Café – A Virtual Career Center for California Community College Students
- Salary Surfer – An online tool that allows visitors to view the annual median income of those who completed a degree or certificate in 179 of the most widely enrolled community college programs.
- O*Net OnLine – Career Exploration and Job Analysis
- MyNextMove.org – An interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options
- Who Do U Want 2B? – Information on CA Careers and Wages
- Explore CTE – A website designed to help students explore their educational options related to future careers.
E-Portfolios are a lifelong collection of academic and professional work all in one location. Use this portfolio to showcase your performance and course-created work from college. You will receive a unique ePorfolio URL that is yours for life. It will follow you through your courses at Norco College and beyond at no cost to you.
For more information click here.
Articles, Videos and Sites
CTSO’s - Career & Technical Student Organizations
Career and Technical Student Organizations are vocational organizations that are designed to promote individuals success in their chosen career path. By participating in CTSO activities members can practice what they have learned in the classroom to help develop real world skills. This can prepare individuals for the employment world by promoting leadership, teamwork, and knowledge of the business industry.
Chartering a New Club at Norco College: