Official Board Policy
Regulations for Policy AP 6750, Parking
All RCCD parking regulations and California Vehicle Code laws shall be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, the following College and District rules and regulations will be in effect:
Visitors, Volunteer, Vendor and Customer Parking
- Visitors to the college shall park in the white-striped student stalls, in metered parking, or marked timed spaces, wherever available.
- Visitors may obtain a temporary parking permit from the Department of Safety and Police, Parking Services at (951) 222-8522 or the Norco College Safety and Police Department.
- Special parking permits for individuals, who are volunteering service to the District, may be issued by DSAPPS and will indicate which parking areas the volunteers may use.
- Vendors may optain a vendor permit from DSAPPS.
- Norco College may charge a reasonable per vehicle fee for special event attendees.
- No District/College Department shall issue any parking permit without authorization from DSAPPS.
- Metered parking areas are located in various Norco College parking lots. Instructions for usage of parking meters are posted in and around the area.
- Fees for metered parking are as follows: $1 for 1 hour, $3 for 4 hours, and $5 for entire day.
Student Parking Lots
- Student parking stalls are designated by white painted lines or signage stating they are for student use.
- Staff and vendor parking permits are valid in student parking areas.
- Suspension of citations for non-permit parking in student lots is up to the discretion of the Norco College president and may include:
- Pre-set registration dates as advertised in the Norco College Schedule of Classes;
- Graduation ceremonies;
- Some special events.
Staff Parking Lots
- Staff parking stalls are designated by yellow painted lines or signage stating they are for staff use.
- Any grace period(s) will be identified at the start of each semester by DSAPPS and communicated to employees.
- Permits may only be used by the employees to whom they are assigned and are not to be shared with any other District employee.
- Employees may not park in spaces reserved for specific individuals.
Parking for Handicapped Persons
- Only vehicles displaying a current, valid disabled placard or license plate may park in a designated handicapped parking space.
- Disabled placards and plates are only considered valid when the person to whom it was issued is driving or is a passenger in the vehicle.
- In addition, such vehicles must display a current Student, Staff or Visitors Parking Permit.
Motorcycle Parking and Displaying of Parking Permits
- A current parking permit is to be displayed on the left front fork.
- Motorcycles must be parked in designated motorcycle parking areas only.
- Staff parking permits may be purchased at the Norco College Student Services offices.
- Student parking permits may be purchased at the Norco College Student Services offices or through WebAdvisor.
- Permits will be available on a semester and/or yearly basis.
Waiver of Fees
The following categories of individuals shall be provided free parking permits:
- Board of Trustees
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Members of community groups and public officials so designated by the Norco College President.
- Fall and Spring Semesters: $50.00
- Summer Intersession: $25.00
- Annual (staff only): $125.00
- Carpool Fall and Spring Semesters: $35.00
- Carpool Summer Intersession: $15.00
- Fall and Spring Semesters: $15.00
- Summer Intersession: $10.00
- The Riverside Community College District Police Department has primary responsibility for the enforcement of all Norco College parking regulations and California Vehicle Code violations.
- The Norco Police Department may also enforce these regulations and, in turn, assist the College Police staff when necessary.
Refunds and Replacement of Parking Permits
- Should a class be canceled and it is the only class for the student, a 100% refund of the permit fee will be made.
- Students who officially withdraw from all classes in which they were enrolled before the start of a term or before the refund deadline, will receive a 100% refund of the fee.
- Prior to the refund deadline date, and upon request, staff members and students, who inadvertently pay for a permit which is not needed, will have the fee refunded in full.
- Students, who drop on-campus and retain off-campus classes, will receive no refund.
- If a parking permit is lost or stolen, an Affidavit of Lost or Stolen Parking Permit must be submnitte3d to DSAPPS for consideration.
- Meter permits and/or time purchased at a meter are non-refundable, unless is can be shown that the meter is malfunctioning.