“Pride, Cleanness, and Detail”
The Grounds Department performs, in a timely and unobtrusive manner, all standard grounds maintenance operations to enhance and maintain the aesthetic appearance of the College grounds. We ensure community safety and provide the best possible physical environment for education in support of the Norco College Mission. Grounds operations include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental Services: When requested, or as necessary, maintain and enhance the aesthetic appeal of the campus by removing litter and debris (leaves, branches etc) from paved and landscaped areas. Landscaped areas include, but are not limited to, native woodlands, turf areas, tree rings/planting beds and other mulched areas.
- Agronomic Services: Maintain and enhance the health and appearance of turf areas by performing any standard agronomic operation for establishing, maintaining and upgrading lawns. Work includes mowing, aerating, fertilizing, liming, seeding and other primary or secondary agronomic operations.
- Horticultural Services: Maintain and enhance the health and aesthetic appearance of landscaped areas by performing any standard horticultural operation designed to promote the healthy growth of trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Flower Program: Maintain and develop areas of seasonal interest around buildings, along walkways and roadways, along woodlands and at other selected focal points by installing flowering plants such as spring/summer bulbs, annuals, biennials and perennials. Work includes, but is not limited to, bed preparation, planting, fertilizing, watering and mulching.
- General Support Services: Provide manpower as requested by supporting the smooth functioning of College programs and events. Work includes set-up or breakdown of canopies, tables, and chairs. Special events and programs include, but are not limited to, Commencement, student activities, conferences, and meetings.
- Sports Field Services: The Sports Field is home to both the Norco College men’s and women’s squads. The complex contains two artificial turf fields with a cooling system, two locker rooms, men’s and women’s restroom, concession booth, and parking lot. It currently has a seating capacity of 400 and a newly installed state of the art scoreboard. In addition to holding the college soccer matches, the facility is used for graduation, student conditioning classes and outside community sports organization.