Norco College serves our students, our community, and its workforce by providing educational opportunities, celebrating diversity, and promoting collaboration. We encourage an inclusive, innovative approach to learning and the creative application of emerging technologies. We provide foundational skills and pathways to transfer, career and technical education, certificates and degrees.
Norco - creating opportunities to transform our students and community for the dynamic challenges of tomorrow.
Norco College is dedicated to following a set of enduring Core Commitments that guide it through changing times and give rise to our Vision, Mission, and Strategic Goals.
- Mutual Respect. Belief in the personal dignity and full potential of every individual and in fostering positive human values in the classroom and in all interactions
- Collegiality. Being a supportive community that is distinctive in its civility, where the views of each individual are respected, humor and enjoyment of work are encouraged, and success is celebrated
- Inclusiveness. Embracing diversity in all its forms — global as well as local — and creating a supportive climate that encourages a variety of perspectives and opinions
- Integrity. Maintaining an open, honest, and ethical environment
- Innovation. Valuing creative solutions and continuing to seek inventive ways to improve instruction and service to students and to the community
- Quality. Achieving excellence in the broad range of academic programs and services provided to students and to the community, fostering an environment of inquiry, learning and culture, and providing professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Access. Providing open admissions and comprehensive educational opportunities for all students
- Student Success. Being an institution that places high value on the academic and personal success of students in and outside of the classroom and where meeting student needs drives all decisions regarding educational programs and services
- Civic Engagement. Being fully engaged with the local community by listening to needs; establishing programs and partnerships to meet regional needs; forming alliances with other educational institutions to create a continuum of educational opportunities; and communicating information about Norco programs and services to the external community
- Environmental Stewardship. Being mindful of the impact we have on the environment, as individuals and as a community, and fostering environmental responsibility among students.